Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Does anyone know what these are used for

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Spring, TX

    Does anyone know what these are used for

    We have a Koi pond and a pool. I have never figured out what these are for. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Re: Does anyone know what these are used for

    its impossible to tell from those pics..if you want to find out cut off the caps and stick a hose through there and see where the water goes

  3. Back To Top    #3
    4knights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    NE Kansas

    Re: Does anyone know what these are used for

    Since its a koi pond and pool, can you tell if there is a bubbler or fountain pipe in the middle? They could be for a pump attachment for the pond or a slide for the pool.
    Those end caps look like threaded caps. It's possible they may simply screw off and are for a liquid feeding system(looped back to pond) or water feature beside the pond. Multiple possibilities. Post some pictures of the rest of the plumbing set up and the pond itself.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts