Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: bonding the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

bonding the pool

I understand the whole bonding process.

my question is what lugs do you use and how do you attach them AFTER the pool has been completely assembled.
    18,000g 27' x 52" AG, Proline cartridge filter, 1.5hp pump, ChlorEase CL02 chlorinator
    pool is a transplant from one location to my location and was just put up 4/5/13
    Location : Delaware its on the EAST COAST and yes its a state LOL!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: bonding the pool

You need to use approved bonding lugs. They typically have a ring that goes around a bolt and a tube/channel with a set screw for connecting the bonding wire.

You need to be able to get to the bolts that secure the wall panels to the uprights, hopefully the end with the nuts is on the outside. Remove a nut and connect the lug.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

a picture of the bond your saying would be helpful if you dont mind. I have we'd so many different types I can't picture one in my head the type to use for a pool.
    18,000g 27' x 52" AG, Proline cartridge filter, 1.5hp pump, ChlorEase CL02 chlorinator
    pool is a transplant from one location to my location and was just put up 4/5/13

4. Back To Top    #4

Here you go!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

You *should* be able to remove the rail cap at the post where your wall is bolted together, with any luck you can get at the top bolt and get the nut off and then attach the lug and nut.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

6. Back To Top    #6

good ideas. that's just a standard bond I was figuring it would have been a pool specific type bond. im gonna bond everything this week.

going ti place the halo bond out pump and water first then come back and do my 4 locations.

TY for **** and suggestions