Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hot tub pumps

1. Back To Top    #1

hot tub pumps

After draining my cal spas hot tub, and installing a new heater assy. & pressure switch, I refilled the tub I have low circulation. It will not cycle the pumps on without pushing the button. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: hot tub pumps

Welcome to tfp, randerso72

Sorry no one has responded to your post yet. I am not familiar with your tub, but hopefully someone on here is

Quote Originally Posted by randerso72
    It will not cycle the pumps on without pushing the button.
    Again, I don't know what I am talking about here...but I would think you would need to push a button to start the pump?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Virginia Beach

Re: hot tub pumps

Is it possible there may be an air bubble in there? Switch wires tight? could there be something restricting the water, maybe a dust cap on the heater or something drawn inside?

Sorry I don't have a definite fix for you.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub