Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: App for IPhone

1. Back To Top    #1

App for IPhone

Does anyone know how to find the App for the pool calculator for the iphone? I've search but don't find it. What's it called.
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: App for IPhone

Put in Pool Calculator and it's the 2nd choice. The one with the floating calculator.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

psiFlow Technology, inc utilies for $4.99?
    16X32 Rectangular In Ground Built 1998, New Vinyl liner and Motor 8/2012, 19,000, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump,PoolPilot DIG-220 SWG, 2 Skimmers, Main Drain, Clean Machine Robot, Full Sun, Bleach, TFTest Kit
    Central, VA

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep!

If you are using iPad and have wifi, the website pool calculator works just fine by the way... but on iPhone the app is better.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Great what a joy that will be to have it pool side.
    Central, VA

6. Back To Top    #6

Another option - I use a plastic cup and take 12 or so ounces into the house and do my testing inside, except for the CYA test.

7. Back To Top    #7

I've done that before also but my pool is a distance from the house so I'm looking forward to doing it all pool side this year.
    Central, VA

8. Back To Top    #8

Mine is too. I'm on 1.25 acres and they set my pool in the middle of the back yard.

9. Back To Top    #9

I've got the same app, but mine won't save the settings. Has anybody else had this issue?
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes, the failure to save settings is a known issue. It's been years and there hasn't been any sign of them fixing it, so don't expect anything to change. It does save settings for a while, how long varies dramatically, but eventually (or often) it loses them.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

It will save my settings as long as I don't turn my phone off. It's still handy.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

12. Back To Top    #12

It will probably retain the settings so long as the app isn't explicitly shut down -- when you double-click the Home button quickly and you see your actively running apps. If you close the app in that list, then you'll likely lose the settings. As long as the app is just suspended (which is what apps do when you close them normally), then the settings will likely be retained. Powering off the phone obviously explicitly closes all apps.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

13. Back To Top    #13

That's correct chemgeek. If the phone is on and the app is running in the background it saves the settings. I tried sending an email to them but it doesn't work

Oh well. App still works.

Jeff

14. Back To Top    #14

Waiting for the android app
    17000 gl. In-ground vinyl pool
    Naturesoft/aquarite SWG t-15 cell
    Vinyl liner measured and installed by me

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrye
    Waiting for the android app
    SimplePool is developed by a member. I think Pool Pal is as well.

There is a large thread discussing SimplePool development somewhere.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

I don' t know how this would work on an iPhone but with the iPad, you can use Safari to open the web page you want, like pool calculator page, tap on the share button and choose save to home page. It will put a button on your home page that will take you directly to that site. I have a pool calculator button and a TFP button on my home screen. Works great! You can also edit the verbiage for the button name.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)