Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool start-up

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool start-up

Is the start up for a newly constructed pool typically done by the builder?
    Thanks!
    10 x 26 IG gunite/plaster
    7300 Gallons
    Hayward Tristar single speed 1 HP
    Hayward CF C4025
    Pool DOB 1/10

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool start-up

The builder normally has someone that does the startup, but you need to ask them what your involvement is and get them to be as specific as possible. Things like brushing frequency, chemical balance, a personal contact number, etc..
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I would recommend you read Pool School so that YOU know how to maintain the pool. Issues can arise in that sometimes our recommendations do not align with the way the pool builder will want to start the pool ... thus know what you are talking about and ask a lot of questions. You will have to follow their advise as they are the warranty company, even if what we would recommend is a little different.

Also, the pool person who is doing the start up will NOT be as vigilant as you, the owner, would be. So, I would certainly have my own test kit and be checking things more often than they will be around.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

My pool is 3 years old and I purchased the house when the pool was just 6 months old. Today I am having a piece of rebar cut out and the entire pool acid washed and polished. There is a "bathtub" ring and tons of plaster dust scaling. There is also copper staining EVERYWHERE, (but I don't have a heater.) May be from the combo of the chlorine pucks I used more than a year ago and from the rebar, don't know.

I'm asking the question of start-up as it is looking like the PB dropped the ball in several areas, thanks
    10 x 26 IG gunite/plaster
    7300 Gallons
    Hayward Tristar single speed 1 HP
    Hayward CF C4025
    Pool DOB 1/10