Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Brick walls

1. Back To Top    #1

Brick walls

I'm looking for some ideas to make my brick wall in the back yard look more appealing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Brick walls

What does it look like now?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

X2 on what does it look like now and where are you located?
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

4. Back To Top    #4

It's just a regular center block wall. It's the fence between my neighbors yard and mine. I'm in Phoenix AZ. It just looks plan and I was looking for ideas so it doesn't look like "just a brick wall"

5. Back To Top    #5

Stucco.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Heater
    It's just a regular center block wall. It's the fence between my neighbors yard and mine. I'm in Phoenix AZ. It just looks plan and I was looking for ideas so it doesn't look like "just a brick wall"
    Are we talking bricks or concrete blocks? I suspect the latter. If so, is it the plain jane grey blocks or decorative type with some color and texture? Post some pics?
    20K gal, inground with attached spa, pebblefina plaster (bella blue), flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Sundek - Indian wheat, (2) Jandy PHPM2.0 (filter pump and waterfall), Jandy DEV60 DE filter, Polaris 280 pool cleaner, Polaris Halcyon PB4-60Q booster pump, Polaris 1.5 HP Air Blower, (2) Jandy WaterColors LED lights, Jandy LXI400P Heater, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 SWG, Jandy AquaLink RS PureLink Controller and PDA.

7. Back To Top    #7

Regular concrete grey blocks. Ill post some pictures this evening. It's what the builder put in the entire neighborhood. Nothing decorative at all.

8. Back To Top    #8

Paint is quickest and easiest, and will improve the look substantially. If it were me, I would paint it then put in some plants...either a trellis and vines or some shrubs. Check with your HOA re: colors, plants, etc. as well...there may be restrictions.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

9. Back To Top    #9

Have any colleges nearby? Go see the art director and ask if any students want a project, have them submit design ideas for possible extra credit. You provide supplies, get your wall decorated for super cheap and meet some new friends- they will come back
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Heater
    I'm looking for some ideas to make my brick wall in the back yard look more appealing. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Light your wall, some examples here

http://www.lettherebelightllc.com/gallery.html
    Steve-Liteguy

13K Pebble-tech Pool, ECO pump, IntelliChlor SWG, DE

11. Back To Top    #11

I saw a DIY show the other night where they painted a wall like we have here in AZ. They painted it a dark brown color and it made a real difference. I would think paint/plants would be the most economical way to dress up your block wall. Plants are going to include maintenance (trimming and litter) so keep that in mind. I've also seen some nice ornamental iron pieces improve the bland look of walls: suns, geckos, dragonflys and what ever else you can think of. Looking forward to the pics!
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall