New Pool in Flower Mound, TX

Do the grandkids want to move in yet? :mrgreen: I'm getting my first granddaughter on or around 5/8 and I'm going to teach her how to swim in our new pool! Your's looks amazing! Congratulations!

Grandkids (twins) couldn't wait to jump in the spa without heating up :lol:
8552130865_387a5d903c_z.jpg

8552130371_0cb7ddbf33_z.jpg

My kit from PB, I'm going to have to get one of those TF-100 kits :cool:
8552131139_bb7f857064_z.jpg

Oh so fun! I don't blame them!

I loved your tile so much but not in the budget so we are going with NPT Aztec cobalt... anyway, I found a pool with it on Gardenweb and it was pretty too and no extra cost so we are going with it!

beautiful pool!

Not sure of the specifics of the leaf rake suggested but mine has a hard lip on the edge like a dust bin so when I push it around it scoops up leaves and does not wear away the netting on that side.
You also want a Wall Whale attachment probably in place of that big brush. It adds a fin that increases the pressure on the brush when you push.

Chlorinating tablets will add stabilizer (CYA) so you can use them only when you actually need more CYA.
Conditioner is CYA, so when you need more CYA fast, use that in the amounts calculated by the Pool Calculator. Add via sock at return as advised here.
Calcium increaser is just that. Add when you need more calcium fast, or you can use cal-hypo for chlorine and add it slowly.
Jug is probably muriatic acid. Use that to lower pH. Also will slowly wear away TA over time, so mind that too. Running waterfalls and slide will make pH rise. Some slides add fresh tap water, if so, know what your tap water tests for TA and CH for that can affect pH via TA or add calcium.
Shockwave is probably dichlor which adds a lot of chlorine and a lot of CYA or could be cal-hypo which adds a lot of chlorine and some calcium. Know the difference.
Bag is maybe fiberclear or something like that for the filter, not sure really.

I haven't posted the newest images of the finished product!
8706069302_e2ffc15cc0_z.jpg

8704946007_f45375a42e_z.jpg

8704945755_ffe331323d_z.jpg

8706068540_3867736a9d_z.jpg

But, have an issue :(
8704944921_9fdea14cf0_z.jpg

crack is in the middle of curve
8704944691_0e3bda4a83_z.jpg

crack starts from bottom of tile to top of return, continue on from left to 30" down
8704946471_f39f17cdf2_z.jpg

PB is taken responsibility in fixing this pool early next week, sending a diver to look at it. Maybe filling with epoxy? I'm loosing about 1" of water in a 24hr period.
If water leak stops, he will mix colors close to what we have for the patch. Is this the right procedure? The pool is about 2 months old. It's frustrating, my wife & I spent months on finding the right PB for us. I don't know if the plaster (diamondbrite) or the gunite is cracked? I guess we will see next week.
John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JohnH said:
Paret said:
Congratulations on your build. I just found this forum today researching because I'm getting quotes for a build as we speak.
I'm in Keller, TX so just next to Flower Mound.
May I ask who you chose as builder?
I got one quote from Mid Cities, one from Puryear and Claffey was here yesterday so waiting on them too.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :wave:

Luis D. Paret
Keller, TX

Paret: welcome to the forum. I went with Adventure Custom Pool (Steve Hickson), he built two pools at two locations for my cousin in Keller. Great guy, call him up! I interviewed claffy, to much overhead, but good company. Don't know anything about Mid Cities or Puryear.

Pool looks great!

Thanks for the info. I need to get my bricks around my pool and my pool deck redone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.