Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Pool in Flower Mound, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in Flower Mound, TX

Recommendations of selecting cleaner. Had two PB quotes, waiting for third next week. one PB selecting pressure cleaner with booster pump, the other selecting suction cleaner. Decided not to go with robot, don't want to mess with it, in-out-in-out. Also decided not to go with salt water system, flag stone here in TX is to soft, don't want to seal every year. Have some trees and bushes around the pool. Its a 15 x 34 ft. pool, with spa and two water features on back wall, (spill ways). 11,000 - 13,000 gal.

Any Suggestions on type of cleaner? Thanks

John
    14,000 gallon IG DiamondBrite pool with 2 ea. waterfalls and slide, Hayward Tristar 2.0 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward 3/4 HP waterfeature booster pump, Hayward 48sf DE filter, Hayward PS4 wireless controller, 1 skimmer and 4 returns, Polaris 280 pressure cleaner w/booster pump, 7 x 7 spa w/6 jets, TF-100 Test Kit w/speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool in Flower Mound, TX

Some would argue that the robots are less intrusive to actually using the pool. Unless you do not mind swimming with the hose and cleaner in the pool all the time.

Nice thing about a robot is you only run it when the pool needs it. While suction cleaners and pressure cleaners may force you to run the expensive pumps longer than needed.

In all cases I agree there are down sides, I do not like putting the robot in and out ... often I will not run it for weeks which leaves the pool a little messy in the winter. At least a non-robot, if left in, would clean for a few hours a day.

Suction cleaners also will require you to clean/backwash the filter more often ... although that actually may be less of a hassle than cleaning out the robot or pressure cleaner.

Pluses and Minuses to all of the options ... just depends on what annoys you the most.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

My vote is always pressure or robotic and never suction.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks,

I think I'm going to get the Pressure cleaner. The PB uses Hayward equipment.

John
    14,000 gallon IG DiamondBrite pool with 2 ea. waterfalls and slide, Hayward Tristar 2.0 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward 3/4 HP waterfeature booster pump, Hayward 48sf DE filter, Hayward PS4 wireless controller, 1 skimmer and 4 returns, Polaris 280 pressure cleaner w/booster pump, 7 x 7 spa w/6 jets, TF-100 Test Kit w/speed stir

5. Back To Top    #5

OK, here we go!

Start dig tomorrow if weather permits (raining today). Going to post pictures soon

6. Back To Top    #6

Cutting some of my patio for spa

view from corner of yard

view from patio

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking good so far there neighbor. And it's always good to have less yard to mow too.

8. Back To Top    #8

That pool is close to the house.
    Your rebar contractor should double up the steel in that whole side. I'd guess 6"x6" spacing or less,
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower

9. Back To Top    #9

Honestly I am surprised it is allowed to be that close ... wife's brother used to jump off their house into a pool when they were teens ... actually jumped her bicycle off the roof into the pool as well ... dumb kids
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

They cannot build any closer than 4 ft. near homes, this one is 5 ft away. Steel size is 3/8" and 8" steel centers. They finished rebar today, to dark for pictures, I will take pictures tomorrow.

11. Back To Top    #11

can't wait to see it finished!!!!! I wanna try the "jump off the roof" trick!!! woot woot!

12. Back To Top    #12

construction with rebar

13. Back To Top    #13

14. Back To Top    #14

routing plumbing today to the front pea trap

15. Back To Top    #15

skimmer question? I see only one skimmer installed, with a 13,700 gallon pool, how many should I have?
    Thanks, John

16. Back To Top    #16

Just text PB, he said couldn't get second skimmer installed, because of high beam in back of pool. I have google the issue of "how many skimmers for a 13,700 gal.
    13 x 28 pool". It seems like I really don't need two skimmers, because of causing dead spots in pool. What Say You Guys!! I'm sure I paid for two skimmers in my bid.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Just text PB, he said couldn't get second skimmer installed, because of high beam in back of pool. I have google the issue of "how many skimmers for a 13,700 gal.
    13 x 28 pool". It seems like I really don't need two skimmers, because of causing dead spots in pool. What Say You Guys!! I'm sure I paid for two skimmers in my bid.
    I've seen way bigger pools with only one skimmer with no issues... My new build will be included. I think part of it has to do with the plant life you have around your pool. Big trees with lots of leaves falling in the pool, will tax the skimmer(s) no matter what. If your pool is in an open area, with very little vegetation getting in, then your one skimmer will be fine.

Look for your contract and deduct a skimmer from the final payment.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

18. Back To Top    #18

I would opt for two skimmers if possible. I have two and need them both. Spring and early summer is very windy here in North Texas and stuff will continuously be blown into the pool, whether you hqave trees overhanging or not. Sure, it can be ok with one, but remember that it is much tougher to add a skimmer later.

19. Back To Top    #19

spraying gunite yesterday at 8:00pm

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks nice. When the ground was excavated, do you know if there was much water? Can anyone comment on what to look for as far as watertable? From the pictures and my very limited knowledge it looks like there is no issue with the water table and no concerns when it comes to draining the pool later if needed.
    25,000 gallon in ground white plaster- 1 1/2 HP Pentair SuperFlo pump - 60 sqft FNS DE filter (with FiberClear), 1999 Sundance Optima 850 hot tub.
    Manassas Park, VA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast