new Indoor pool...

Because the chlorine requirements of an indoor pool are much less than outdoor, I would tend to lean towards manual chlorination. It'll likely be cheaper and fairly simple to manage.

Do we have any forum members using salt indoors? I can't remember. :?:

We have a couple of indoor pools on salt. One has an auto cover with an IC40 and an Intellitouch system. This one works rather well as you can adjust it in 1% increments. We have another one that is a stand alone unit IC20 that the homeowner does not regulate the output and has caused liner damage due to that. Just remeber with a salt system you can use a smaller unit on an indoor pool. I would recommend a UV unit on an indoor pool.

My indoor pool currently uses liquid chlorine, I use a metering pump for convenience, consumption is fairly steady dependant on pool use and temperature and is much lower than an outdoor pool. Always less than quart per day of 5.25% liquid , this means topping off the 15 gallon bulk tank about every 2 - 3 weeks in the active swim season, closer to .2 gallons per day on average for the summer swim season. During the colder non heated (has solar heat to extend season) months when water temperature drops into the 50's consumption drops to almost nothing, maybe .1 gallon per day, probably even less.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.