Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help replacing bearings on Pentair need shop recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Help replacing bearings on Pentair need shop recommendation

My pump works but is making a lot of noise and vibration, I took it apart and is not clogged or anything. After reading different posts in the forum, I realized that it is probably the bearings. Can someone recommend a shop around the inland empire area (ontario) where I can get my motor refurbished with new bearings?

Thank you

Francisco

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help replacing bearings on Pentair need shop recommendat

You would be better off to replace the motor if the bearings are bad the windings will be next

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by poolsupplysales
    You would be better off to replace the motor if the bearings are bad the windings will be next
    I was hoping that getting the motor refurbished would be cheaper than getting a new motor/pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by fcienfuegos
    Quote Originally Posted by poolsupplysales
    I was hoping that getting the motor refurbished would be cheaper than getting a new motor/pump.
    I'm with poolsupplysales, if you can even find a rebuilder, I'd guess a rebuild would be north of $150.00, a new motor $230.00 to $300.00.
    We've occasionally replaced bearings on pump motors; but only rarely.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

5. Back To Top    #5

And since you need to deal with the motor, maybe now would be the time to consider upgrading to a 2-speed motor on your existing pump. May cost a little more up front, but running on low will save you a considerable amount of money on electricity in the future.

Just some food for thought ... although at this point we do not know anything about your pool setup and flow requirements to offer any suggestions.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!