Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bi-Carb Startup

1. Back To Top    #1

Bi-Carb Startup

Just curious if any homeowners have performed a bi-carb startup as recommended by OnBalance. It seems to be great way to preserve the plaster and get the maximum life out of it.
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Bi-Carb Startup

Unfortunately, most homeowners are not going to venture the hassle of a Bi-carb Start-up. But yes, we have done them and we definitely recommend them! If it was my pool plaster, there is no way I would not do one.

3. Back To Top    #3

Other than buying the 55 gallon drum (which I think I can get at work for fee), hose and chemicals it doesn't really seem like that much of a hassle.

My pool is built and l'll be plastering in the spring, I'm gonna do it.
    26,000 gallon gunite IGP with 50 sq ft Spa, Jandy VS FloPro 2hp Pump, Jandy DEV48 Filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG, Jandy AquaLink PDA-PS6 Controller, RayPak R406A Heater, Polaris 380 Cleaner, completed April 2013

4. Back To Top    #4

Please keep us updated!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden