Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Filter Bank

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Filter Bank

I have a hayward c800 filter tank could i use a c900 in its place.thanks
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 21k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - TF-100 and Speedstir!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Filter Bank

Welcome to TFP!!!

I am unclear what exactly you are asking.

Are you asking if you can use a c900 instead of a c800? Or are you asking if you can mix and match parts?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a bad c800 filter tank and i can get a c900 tank cheap just wondering if that work as a replacement. Thanks
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 21k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - TF-100 and Speedstir!

4. Back To Top    #4

Still unclear ... maybe I am dense

Are you just looking to replace the lower part of the filter body? If so, from what I see online, the parts are not interchangeable as the filters are designed differently.

You could certainly use a complete c900 inplace of the c800 with maybe some minor plumbing changes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Im thinking about replacing my whole c800 tank that has a hole in it and putting c900 tank in its place just wondering if that would work

6. Back To Top    #6

It will work but there may be some plumbing changes. I'm not sure if the housings are exactly the same.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank everyone