Green scale on copper looking blocks inside Intex 8110

Sep 1, 2008
My 3-year old Intex 8110 has green scale on the copper (?) blocks downstream from the titanium plates. Some of the green flaked off fairly easy when disassembling the unit for storage after pool season. Do I need to remove all of this green stuff? Is it a problem and any ideas on how to prevent?

Bama Rambler said:
What you need to remove are the copper bars completely. You at very least need to disconnect them. You can clean them and if you leave them disconnected, they should stay clean.

Thanks for the reply. Would you please let me know why I need to remove the copper bars, or at least disconnect them? They aren't causing any problems that I'm aware of, but I have a feeling I'm about to learn something new. I did see the post below, but fortunately no green hair for our swimmes.

The problem is staining from the copper. You may not have it now, but if you keep using it, you will soon. Also, in a properly chlorinated pool there's no need for it. A properly chlorinated pool isn't going to get algae, so why take a chance on it staining and/or turning hair green when it's not needed anyway.

Another problem with copper stains is that they can be virtually imppossible to remove once you have them. Even replacing the water won't guarantee that you can get the stains off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.