Chlorine Generator

Yep...
JasonLion said:
The Solar Chlor is a mixed SWG and "mineral" system. That means it releases metals into the water (which we don't ever recommend). They don't say exactly but from what I can make out it produces less chlorine than a typical SWG (comparing based on the recommended pool size).

I googled and found it on amazon, at first all I noticed was that it is a solar powered swcg. No reviews, and for the price why not buy a normal swcg that's plumbed and wired. If the chlorine source is dependent on sun you will be manually adding chlorine on days when there isn't enough sunlight.

No mention of minerals on Amazon

I vote buying a regular swcg, I've seen posts about CircuPool and CompuPool units being good budget systems. I don't recall which is most popular.

They claim to raise 1 gallon by 1 ppm each second under ideal lighting. That equates to roughly 10,000 gallons raised 2 ppm over the course of a sunny day, or a little under 3 oz of chlorine a day. That makes their unit quite small compared to most of the more common units, even if you assume ideal lighting. The solar cells will also lose efficiency over time, which will cut into your chlorine production noticeably after several years. That means replacing the entire unit, not just the cell, which makes the price rather unattractive in the long run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.