5-gallon liquid chlorine - 33$!

gambitb

May 10, 2020
Princeton Junction, NJ
Just opened the pool and no respite in chlorine price again this season!
Last year I paid about 25$ for a 12% 5-gallon liquid chlorine (which was a jump from 17$ the year before) and this year it is 33$!
Any ideas why the big jump again this year?

Last edited:
Last year I paid about 25$ for a 5-gallon liquid chlorine (which was a jump from 17$ the year before) and this year it is 33$!
That is 6.60/gallon. Not sure what concentration it is, but I see people noting all the time, and I have observed that Walmart sells 10% for $5.47/gallon.

Last year I paid about 25$ for a 12% 5-gallon liquid chlorine (which was a jump from 17$ the year before) and this year it is 33$!
My local, independant pool store is charging $33 for a five gallon jug. It was $24 last year. The manufacturer of the chlorine is less than 50 miles away.

Last edited:
I’m in the same area and same thing happen to me when I opened last week. I was just as shocked and ****** off too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.