5,000 GPD Down the Drain

SECTION320

WASTE WATER DISPOSAL

320.1 Backwash water or draining water.

Backwash water and draining water shall be discharged to the sanitary or storm sewer, or into an approved disposal system on the premise, or shall be disposed of by other means approved by the state or local authority.

Direct connections shall not be made between the end of the backwash line and the disposal system.

Drains shall discharge through an air gap.

Water from pool or spa filter system backwashing or from draining a pool or spa must be disposed of in a sanitary sewer system, in a storm water system, in an approved disposal system on the premises or in accordance with the requirements of the state or local authority.

Backwash drain lines and drain lines must not be directly connected to the point of disposal [see Commentary Figures 320.1(1) through (3)].

1670953992562.png

1670954002401.png

If the end of the line is open to the air, then it might be ok.

However, I would still install a vent line/vacuum breaker for the waste pipe.

How long is the waste line?

Do you have a flow meter on the system?

If yes, what is the flow rate?

Are you required to get a commercial operating permit and inspections for your pools?

1671124524515.png
Update: Took suspect valve out of the system on Tuesday. It looked fine to me. I left it out so there is a 2-3" gap where it was.

I got 3" of rain at my house in Brandon on Wednesday. NWS says Clinton got 2" (at Hawkins Field—a nearby airport). All pumps still off.

I want to conclude that, somehow, pool water is passing from the skimmers into the discharge line without going through the pump room but I cannot puzzle out how that could happen. I didn't build it. I just inherited it a year or so ago. Any construction documents there ever were are long gone. Maybe the City of Clinton has something.

I still need help. Clearly genius does skip a generation. My five younger sibs are pretty smart though so maybe I took the hit for the team :).

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.