Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbie

  1. Back To Top    #1


    Is chlorine stabilizer the same as dichlor? What exactly is that?

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Re: Newbie

    Stabilizer is a fancy name for Cyanuric acid. Dichlor is a form of chlorine, usually powdered I believe. Trichlor is the tabs/pucks. So no, not the same, although Cyanuric Acid works to protect the chlorine from the sun.

    And Welcome to TFP!!! We are here if you have any other questions!
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

  3. Back To Top    #3
    UnderWaterVanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Mint Hill, NC

    Re: Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by huckle23
    Is chlorine stabilizer the same as dichlor? What exactly is that?
    CYA is the stabilizer you are talking about. DiChlor and TriChlor both contain CYA. Read up on this in Pool School in the ABC's of Water Chemistry.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts