Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello, new pool owner Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, new pool owner Texas

Hello,

I have been a reader of this forum for a few weeks and it has been helpful. I finally took the plunge and registered.

I am a new onwer in the Dallas area. We had a salt water pool put in, free form and i am getting a hnadle on all of the pool chemistry etc...

I have many questions and have been tackling a few issues through the advice of this forum. My PB says that my water looks great, so I hope that means I am doing things correctly but I have doubts in my head due to constantly having to use muriatic acid to lower pH which is bringing my TA down and I am scared if i keep using muriatic it will keep lowering my TA etc...But I will post on a more appropriate forum for that.

Thanks for this great site!
    IG, Gunitie/Plaster (darker blue "lagoon" color), Jandy 1400 SWG (with inline chlorinator option), Jandy AquaLink System w/ 2 HP pump motor, 20,000-23,000 gals, spillway from spa to pool runs when pump is on, waterfall feature and bubbler on tanning ledge, pool is in full sun all day (Dallas Texas), Polaris automatic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hello, new pool owner Texas

Welcome to the forum. It's very easy to manipulate your TA and pH separately but you will need your own good quality test kit to post test results.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Hello and welcome to TFP! I agree with what Dave said about the test kit!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to tfp, pinstripepat

I believe the TA goes up as plaster cures during the first year. Ph will steadily creep up and need to be lowered many times with Muriatic Acid, which will also help conteract the TA rise.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all...
    IG, Gunitie/Plaster (darker blue "lagoon" color), Jandy 1400 SWG (with inline chlorinator option), Jandy AquaLink System w/ 2 HP pump motor, 20,000-23,000 gals, spillway from spa to pool runs when pump is on, waterfall feature and bubbler on tanning ledge, pool is in full sun all day (Dallas Texas), Polaris automatic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit