Bleach Price FYI

Went to Leslie to see how much their Liquid Chlorine was. The clerk rolled his eye and said he didn't carry liquid chlorine. Then he started his sales pitch, which rolling his eyes ticked me off, so I interupted and said I will just get bleach and borax at Walmart. He looked puzzled. LOL

I stopped in a Leslie's today. First time in over a year. I was looking for pool toys... and to see their liquid CL prices.

Thin coated float $150 each..skip.
Water squirt toy, 12 inches long, $7.99 each, nope

Solid forms of CL only on the sales floor. Lots of B products.
So I asked if they had liquid chlorine.
Mr L: "Yes we do sir, How many would you like?"
Me: What's the price?
Mr L: $9.98 for a box with two gallons
Me: Oh... what's the percentage?
Mr L.: 10%
Me: OK, well no thanks
Mr L: Really? its a good price.
Me: No, that's OK, I can get the same box at Wal-Mart for $6.47.
Mr. L: We have great prices on solid CL (buckets of 3 inch pucks lining the store entrance outside)
Me: No thanks. I just use liquid chlorine.

As we left the store, my wife remarked how expensive everything was. We didn't come out of the store with anything we didn't go in with. My first time in forever that I didn't need to buy a floatie or something fun for the DW or 10 year old DD while at the pool store with them.

I know this may sound cheap but I always hit Walmart at the end of the swimming season and load up on floats and pool stuff. I live at the beach and Walmart has a big section of floats, balls, etc. They always mark them down to $1 at the end of summer so I raid that section and usually will get 10-15 different things for the upcoming year. A $15 float I will get for $1 If one starts leaking of gets torn I just toss them and open up another.

We do the same thing, Phatocaster. The dollar store nearby usually has some inflatables too. We also picked up 2 round loungers @ five below at the start of the season.

Come to think of it, I've not been in a pool store at all this year. Probably not at all since finding this site. I have 2 182 oz jugs of Clorox, and I cleaned out Ollie's last week. I picked up the last 14 jugs of Austin's liquid shock- 12½% for $2.99 each. I've been using it right along, and it has proven not to have lost it's potency.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.