Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer PVC

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer PVC

Anyone know what type of fitting I would need to connect the skimmer outlet which has a slip for 1.5" hose to 1.5" pvc ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Skimmer PVC

Can you unscrew the slip fitting from the base of the skimmer leaving yourself with a 1 1/2 thread to slip coupling? See note in lower right of image.

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

It does unscrew, I am trying to install a ball valve both below the skimmer and one on the return fitting which also unscrews , then have my 1.5 hose connect after that

4. Back To Top    #4

Option 1. Use a threaded coupling (nipple?) from the skimmer to a threaded ball valve and then the 1.5 threaded-x-1.5 hose barb you took out of the skimmer in the threaded valve body

Option 2. 1.5 thread-x-1.5 slip, glue in a short 1.5 Sch40 pipe and then the ball valve (slip-x-slip) to Sch40 to a coupling (slip-x-female thread) and then the hose barb.

There is also a 1.5 inch thread by thread ball vale at HomeDepots site.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok thank you. I guess it will all be determined by if my local stores have the threaded ball valve or not .

6. Back To Top    #6

My Local Pool Store, that is an above ground dealer has some of these in stock. It may be a good idea to try HD Supply or some of the other more commercially focused stores for these larger sizes. It will all depend on you local market.
    -- Guy --

7. Back To Top    #7

Had luck with the threaded ball valve, but no thread x thread adapters. Can electrical connectors be mated with plumbing ? I did not check the electrical section out.

8. Back To Top    #8

Not sure if I understand correctly, but I believe that you are looking for something like this? If so its a Hayward SP729. I'm pretty sure that I got one at Leslie's, but I'm sure you could find a source online that might be cheaper.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks
    Tommy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Above Ground (24' Round) 15,000 Gallons
    Hayward DE Filter (EC-40) with 1HP Pump - Advertised flow rate = 40 GPM
    Pools receives full sun for majority of the day
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Was using Trichlor with an inline chlorinator, but switched to BBB last year and water has been perfect ever since! (after draining 75% of the water to get rid of the bonus CYA that the Trichlor provided!) Thanks TFP!!!!

9. Back To Top    #9

Yeahp that's the end result , a few more fittings and ill have something similar. Would have been great to find something like that locally.