Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: low salt level

1. Back To Top    #1

low salt level

I have a Pro Logic giving me low salt readings of 2200. Took a sample to the pool store and they said it was 3100 I am neww at this cleaned cell no help. any ideas thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: low salt level

How old is the cell?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

it was installed in 2008

4. Back To Top    #4

At 4 years old it's close to the end of it's life. A typical sign that it's failing is it reading lower salt than is in the pool. I bet it's time to buy a new cell.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Couldn't hurt to buy a test set to test it yourself. Only about 10 bucks for strips. I don't trust pool store numbers.
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Clean the cell first, but it's likely that a new cell is in your immediate future.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

7. Back To Top    #7

Denny, I have the same problem. I have the Goldline Aqua Logic system. My salt level is reading at 2400, when in reality it is at 3400. My salt cell is 7 years old. I removed the salt cell and had it tested and it is working correctly and is clean. I removed the main circuit board and checked both fuses and also signs of anything burnt on the back of the circuit board and it appears fine. The main circuit board was replaced approximately 3 years ago.
    28k gal, iG, vinyl, 1 1/12 HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward EC 65 DE filter, Kreepy Krauly cleaner< we live in Gardner Massachusetts

8. Back To Top    #8

thanks everyone I will get the cell tested