Pool 3" off

Jun 24, 2012
We just recently bought and installed a 14' by 48" intex ultra frame pool. After bringing in sand and leveling the ground, it seemed to have sunk back down 3 inches off on one side, it's not 3 off all the way around, it's 6 inches deep for about the first half, then it gradually goes down to 3 inches on the opposite end, should I be concerned and tear down and start over, or will this be fine for the summer?

3" out of level over 14' is pretty significant I would say. Maybe next season try something like a gravel base with a geotextile fabric over that and then put the sand over the fabric. That should help water drain through and away without washing the sand out from underneath your pool which is what may have happened to that side.

tjwaggoner said:
3" out of level over 14' is pretty significant I would say. Maybe next season try something like a gravel base with a geotextile fabric over that and then put the sand over the fabric. That should help water drain through and away without washing the sand out from underneath your pool which is what may have happened to that side.

Next year?
Do you recommend swimming in it this summer or no?

I couldnt say. bamarambler is much more qualified to answer that question. I was just saying that is something you could try to fix the problem whenever you decide to do it. 3" over 14' is a lot to be out of level. My pool is 28' long and the specs call for it to be within .75" at the minimum. The installers had mine well inside a .25" all over though.
If bamarambler says fix it, I would go ahead and fix it. Its either now or later, it has to be done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.