Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy storage on AGP deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Toy storage on AGP deck

Over the years, we have struggled with storing the rafts, floats and other toys we have for the pool. We don't have a lot of deck space and didn't want to add a stand alone storage rack on the deck that we would be tripping on or that would eat up our deck space. Each year we just dealt with lugging them from the house or stuffing them behind the deck chairs when we were finished with the pool for the day. I have chased the stuff around the neighborhood when storms came through and found them in some of the strangest places when I came home from work. This year when we opened the pool, I was determined to figure something out. The pictures show what I came up with. I couldn't be happier, so I thought I would share in case someone else could benefit.

[attachment=1:kx0acos0]IMAG0077-1.jpg[/attachment:kx0acos0]

Made out of PVC pipe and fittings.
    [attachment=2:kx0acos0]IMAG0076-1.jpg[/attachment:kx0acos0]

I have about $25 wrapped up in it.
    [attachment=0:kx0acos0]IMAG0078-1.jpg[/attachment:kx0acos0]

We just need to place the rafts and such over the side of the railing and the PVC rack will hold it pretty securely.

It holds what we need. I didn't glue it together as it seems to be holding very well without glue and it will allow me to increase the size down the road if I need to. I was also thinking it would be easy to encase the rack in netting so it would hold smaller items. Like I said it is not glued together, so I can take it apart and store it rather easily, but I don't know if I will do that or not. No more fussing with the rafts. They now have a home.
    Hopefully this will help someone out that has been through what we had been through with raft storage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    28 foot doughboy AGP, dug out to 5 foot, about 18,000 gallons
    1 1/2 HP pump and 100 lb sand filter
    South Central Pennsylvania

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Toy storage on AGP deck

I like. PVC = cheap & easy.

It looks like you have storage space under the deck. You could make a giant lattice door, hinged at the top.

3. Back To Top    #3

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

thats awesome. I have the same thing as the pink float except in yellow. Kids don't like it so I've claimed it as mine LOL.

I don't have a deck, but plan to steal someone elses idea for pvc storing a cover on the Intex frame. Might be able to do something similar on the other side of the frame for toys.
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Great idea Looks very easy to use.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

@DaneCE - We do have storage under the deck as all the panels are hinged, but we have to share with the occasional groundhog, rabbit, garter snake and black snake.The wife doesn't like the furry creatures and I can't deal with the other ones . If I go under there it is in the fall and winter. I think I have enough cover clips under there to keep us going for awhile.
    @mrrodegers - Don't be jealous, but we have a green one also.

6. Back To Top    #6

What a good idea.........I have been trying to come up with something for all the pool toys that my kids want......gets overwhelming at times..........hahahaha
    16 x 34 inground vinyl pool
    Hayward 1 hp super pump
    200s Hayward Sand filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I like your idea for the floats, etc.

For the smaller stuff like googles and arm floaties (have some younger grandkids) I purchased the mesh nylon "holey" laundry bags that hold laundry (not the small ones but the larger ones that will hold a load of laundry) and took some small nails and attached to the side of my deck. Great to put things in. I purchased mine at the Dollar Tree for $1.00 each. Purchased two of them -- they hold alot of smaller items. I just replace them in the spring and are good to go for the summer.
    Above Ground Pool 15' by 30' Older pool -- Make ? Model ? Cost - Free; Given to Us
    Gallons approximately 11,000 (if I figured correctly)
    New liner in 2007 when pool was moved and installed by son-in-law and family members
    Hayward Sand Filter 150 pounds of sand (purchased new in 2007)
    White River 2 horsepower pump (purchased new in 2012)
    Deck built in 2011
    Bioguard 1200V Multi-Test Kit with an additional Orthotolidine Chlorine Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

That looks great!!...need to do something like that , as I have the same problem you did!!
    How did you attach the T's to the deck??

Thanks!!
    24' AGP (13,600 gal)
    Sand Filter with 1.5hp pump
    Lancaster, PA

9. Back To Top    #9

Oh, and I see you are from South Central PA!!....We are too..in Lancaster!!...Actually the Lampeter area, if you are familiar with that area!!

Maybe I can just hire you to do mine!!!...LOL!

Curt
    24' AGP (13,600 gal)
    Sand Filter with 1.5hp pump
    Lancaster, PA

10. Back To Top    #10

What a great idea!!!!!!!!!
    I have a perfect spot to do something similar.
    Dough Boy 12' x 24' Oval
    Wedding Cake Steps
    1500 SF Timber Tech Composite Decking

Video of my pool and retaining wall....Above Ground Pool Ideas - YouTube

11. Back To Top    #11

chdolfnz, I attached the tees by drilling straight through them and out the back and then screwing them with deck screws to the posts. The bottom ones are 1 1/2" and I also strapped them since they would be holding most of the weight the uprights and upper horizontals are just 1". This thing actually was re-designed several times and this design is very sturdy.
    We know the Lampeter area very well. We are in York county, so we are almost neighbors.

@johnnysnok, I don't think I could bring myself to attach my rack to your railing. Your railing is much nicer than mine. I was also toying with a way to just hook it over the top rail without having to drill/screw/attach to the railing. Maybe you could do the design work on that and avoid damaging your nice railings.

12. Back To Top    #12

I'd LOVE to have a parts list for making this. We have the same problem. I ordered one of those pool pouches to hang on the railing, and it ripped within a week!! Please, please post your list of materials. My husband would be so proud of me if I could make this and install it without his help
    30' Round AG ~ 23,000 gallons ~ Hayward pump/sand filter ~ Dolphin Nautilus cleaner & Diver Dave

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Tamco
    I'd LOVE to have a parts list for making this. We have the same problem. I ordered one of those pool pouches to hang on the railing, and it ripped within a week!! Please, please post your list of materials. My husband would be so proud of me if I could make this and install it without his help
    Most of the parts are listed in the post above yours ... it appears to just be a bunch of PVC pipe and fittings which would have to be customized to your specific installation. Looking at the pictures should give you a pretty good idea how to put it together.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

I like this idea, but we just take all the toys indoors when we are done each day. It is a pain, but the toys have lasted for 6 years without getting destroyed by the sun. All my friends with pools have to replace all their toys every 1-2 years because of the sun.
    24ft AGP 52in deep ~13,500 gal
    Hayward Sand Filter 250 lbs
    SWG
    1.5 HP pump

425 gal stand alone QCA Hot Tub 15-20 yrs old

15. Back To Top    #15

Excellent idea! Gave me the thought to do some kind of a hanging rack under the deck that the floats would just slide into so they were out of sight when not in use. Hmmmm now to draw something up!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

16. Back To Top    #16

They sell this at Meijer for 20 bux I think it was..............[attachment=0:194m0yoy]pool toys.jpg[/attachment:194m0yoy]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hayward 1 hp super pump
    200s Hayward Sand filter

17. Back To Top    #17

The picture and previous post were nice and somewhat informative, but I was hoping that he could give me the actual number and sizes of each piece. "Figuring it out" is not my specialty. I need to give the guy at the parts counter an actual list. Hey a girl can dream can't she!
    BTW: I bought that exact pool pouch, and it ripped within 1 week. Just a thought.
    30' Round AG ~ 23,000 gallons ~ Hayward pump/sand filter ~ Dolphin Nautilus cleaner & Diver Dave

18. Back To Top    #18

DeeMac...I WOULD LOVE one of those for our pool....we don't have a Meijer anywhere around these parts.....I'd gladly paypal you some money if you'd pick one up for me and mail it over!!

Let me know via PM!

Thanks
    Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

19. Back To Top    #19

Dan,
    You can purchase this online at Meijer.com here is the link.....http://www.meijer.com/s/water-tech-pool ... _/R-177906
    Hayward 1 hp super pump
    200s Hayward Sand filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Like the PVC pipe idea. Out of interest, how did you attach the pipe to the deck? From the photo, looks like brackets of some sort?
    "Inherited" Cornelius 18'x54" Round AGP (Steel walls), Hayward Pro Series 21" Sand Filter, ClubPro (Jacuzzi) 1HP single speed pump, Lumi-O Festiva steps, Toile-Soleil mesh leaf net/winter cover. That's about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast