Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dark spot around tiles - photo included

1. Back To Top    #1

Dark spot around tiles - photo included

Hi,

Anyone have any idea what the dark spot is around the tiles? I tried resting a chlorine tab on it over night and its not organic. Tried brushing with a steel brush but its still there.

Any clues?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Dark spot around tiles - photo included

I am not exactly sure which part of the picture I should be looking at. Are you talking about the dark strip above the tile line (kinda looks like a shadow)?

Have you tried testing it for a metal stain? Crush up vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock. Hold the sock against the stain for 1-2 min and see if that lightens is at all.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Dark spot around tiles - photo included

Quote Originally Posted by blakej
    I am not exactly sure which part of the picture I should be looking at. Are you talking about the dark strip above the tile line (kinda looks like a shadow)?

Have you tried testing it for a metal stain? Crush up vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock. Hold the sock against the stain for 1-2 min and see if that lightens is at all.
    Hi Blake, yes right above the tile line. I have some ph decreaser granulars I can try. If its a stain then we need acid. Client might be able to live with it for now. If it is metal stain then could only be coming from below the diamond brite. It's impossible to get the right Vit C on this island. I've tried before.