Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ground areas

1. Back To Top    #1

Ground areas

What is the best ways to find out what part of the yard is worthy of holding my 16 x 48 pool?

Once I find it whats the best way to level it?

Illinois ground is hard as a rock here.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Ground areas

Welcome to TFP!

One good approach is to block out possible locations with a garden hose or thick rope and try to imagine a pool there. Check out how much shade/sunlight it gets, how walking around the pool feels, how going in and out of the house from/to the pool works and generally get a feeling for how it works for you.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Need to add Intex AG 16 by 48. I have a area beside the house that looks flat, except for the divits my golf irons took out.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, blazzinbird

Quote Originally Posted by blazzinbird
    I have a area beside the house that looks flat, except for the divits my golf irons took out.
    Then putting a pool there will take away that misery

My area I chose "looked flat" as well but ended up being 8" off from one side to the other.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW PA

I do believe mine is 4ft off.

Good luck with your pool! We like pics... even if you're playing in the dirt wondering what you got yourself into!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter