The right robot cleaner

Martha_D

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2012
Putnam, NY
Does anyone have a recommendation for a robot cleaner in the $700 range for a 20x40 gunite pool? Does the size/material of your pool matter when choosing?

...or a website where I can read some reviews?

thanks!

Ok, here are my thoughts:

Sizing is going to depend on couple of things:

1 cord length / outlet location, I have an older Dolphin Diagnostic robot in my 20x40 ft pool, I have it plugged into an outlet near the shallow end corner, this model was offered with a 50 or 60 ft cord, mine has the 60 ft. which is just long enough to allow it to clean the opposing corner of the pool with the power supply sitting about 6 feet from the edge of the pool. If mine had the 50 ft cord, I would have to place the power supply midway along one side of the pool for it to reach.

2, How much stuff gets into your pool, and partly how long the robot runs on a single cycle.

I would say my power supply is about 10 feet from the corner on the shallow end. I can use an extension cord, correct?

I dont think the pool gets a ton of debris... currently there is a lot of sand from a section of the coping which is eroded... aside from that, not much.

The wet side low voltage floating cord will be the limititation, you also want a power supply side cord that is short enough that the power supply box can not be knocked into the pool while it is still plugged in (think running kids snagging the low voltage floating cord), so the use of an extension cord on the supply side is quesitonable depending on if you have it safely located. (I think the instrucitons on mine say to keep the power supply box at least 10 feet from the edge of the pool, this is not practical where my outlet is.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.