Pool Temp: 77 Degrees

PH - 7.5
    FC - 2.0
    CC - 0.5
    TC - 2.5
    TA - 150
    CH - 300
    CYA - 57

I bought tons of bleach and have Acid, just don't know what to do first to maximize my first BBB launch...

Thanks in Advance!
    Jason H. DFW, Texas
    22K Gallons, DE Filter, In-Ground Pebble-Tek
    Spa that drains into the pool, two built-in areaters and waterfall (Rarely Used)

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Refill Done, what to do first?

Do you have a SWCG? That CYA is a little high if you don't have one...but maybe that's why you re-filled? Was it a complete refill or just partial? Also, how does your water look?

If you water is clear, I would just focus on getting your FC up to 6 or 7.

None of the levels look particularly alarming to me.

3. Back To Top    #3

With CYA around 60, you want to keep your FC at 5 or above (mostly above).

You are most likely going to want to lower your TA, though there probably isn't any rush on that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by blakej
    That CYA is a little high if you don't have one...but maybe that's why you re-filled?
    I did a partial drain/refill. Actually this is my 2nd one already since I didn't get my TF100 until this week and Leslie's was using the same strips I was. CYA was off the charts.

The water is clearish, I'd planned to shock it to 24 based on the CYA chart, but didn't know if it would be better to get the TA a little lower first or try and adjust the PH before shocking.

I have some recurring algae that I need to nuke.

Thanks!
    Jason H. DFW, Texas
    22K Gallons, DE Filter, In-Ground Pebble-Tek
    Spa that drains into the pool, two built-in areaters and waterfall (Rarely Used)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by techrancher
    The water is clearish, I'd planned to shock it to 24 based on the CYA chart, but didn't know if it would be better to get the TA a little lower first or try and adjust the PH before shocking.

I have some recurring algae that I need to nuke.

Thanks!
    Shock first and confirm when you are done shocking w/the three criteria listed in my sig in red.

After you are done shocking, each time the pH hits 7.8, lower it to 7.2 with muriatic acid. Over time this will lower your TA. There is not need to hurry the TA lowering process unless your pH is rising at an annoying rate. Then you could use the "how to lower your TA" article in PoolSchool.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!