Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: portable vacuum system

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

portable vacuum system

I am looking to make a portable vacuum system to clean pools any suggestionss?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: portable vacuum system

Welcome to TFP.

More Info needed!

Is this a business you're in or plan on getting in? You looking to clean a lot or a few?

A suction side manual vac, a 3/4 or 1 hp pump and a large cartridge filter are the basics. Stick the pump and the filter on a cart and off you go.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Maybe something like this one?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Welcome to TFP.

More Info needed!

Is this a business you're in or plan on getting in? You looking to clean a lot or a few?

A suction side manual vac, a 3/4 or 1 hp pump and a large cartridge filter are the basics. Stick the pump and the filter on a cart and off you go.
    I am in on the small side of it and looking to become more involved. i am cleaning 5 pools right now but the commercial vacs are why out of my leagu e.
    the description you gave me is what i thought.

thanks,

5. Back To Top    #5

You may be able to find a filter and pump on Craigslist. That'd save you some money.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Here's mine that I built to use in my business. I use it nearly every week someplace. It's also great to use as an emergency filter for a pool that is down for pump/equipment repair. I've also left it running overnight at customer's pools to assist in clearing up dead algae floating in the water. It's great to use your own vacuum as that eliminates the possibility of clogging your customer's pipes which is always a danger.

The drawback is that it is heavy and somewhat cumbersome to move around. I used an AGP pool pump which requires you to prime it with a little water, but that has not been a big issue. When you need it, it's a great tool that every pool guy should have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

these systems are exactly what im trying to get my company to purchase but they want to mount it to a trailer hitch on a truck. anyone have any good ideas for this or know any prefabricated systems that have this option?

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

We use the hammerhead systems on our maintenance trucks. Customers love that we are not putting undue stress on their equipment vacuuming the pool. They are a great time saver, but do cost a lot up-front.

Edit: forgot a link http://hammerheadvac.com/
    Hot Springs certified service tech A
    APSP CST Certified
    CPO Certified

9. Back To Top    #9

thanks thats exactly what i was looking for