Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool coping

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool coping

I have very old coping and I am planning on installing my our new liner the liner guy said that th coping has to come off and the liner over lays it's a in ground Pool can some one help me With some information on this

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Pool coping

IMHO, this is not a DIY undertaking for you. This requires a number of skills you really should do with someone or watch and learn before undertaking. Please, I really think that you should hire someone that has done this.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

I did some research and its a Buster Crabbe Pool, the coping is J hook coping. I just need to know if anyone has an information on the type of coping that used with the J hook coping clip.

Thanks pool guy but I think I am going to give it a try what is the worst that can happen I need to purchase a new pool.

But if any one has replaced a line on a Buster Crabbe Pool and worked with the coping please share your DIY project details.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Hate to be a bearer of bad news but I think you will really regret trying to do this yourself. Spend the money on someone who has done this it will be ALOT cheaper than the alternative.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics