Apr 15, 2012
Hello everyone! I have a 35,900 gal inground pool with a vinyl liner. The pool has been closed for 3-4 years. We moved in last year and didn't even touch the pool until last week. I began shocking the pool with bleach and it has finally turned a milky gray color. I have dipped and vacuumed and brushed the pool everyday. I wake up every morning to see if I can see the bottom yet and no such luck! I guess I will have to wait for the filter to filter all the little particles out.

This pool is the one I grew up swimming in as my husband and I purchased my childhood home last year. I never appreciated all the hard work that goes into a pool....until now! I know that my parents probably spent their life savings on pool chemicals and it did seem as though we were constantly running a water sample to the pool store. I am so excited to try the BBB method. My dad is very skeptical and thinks my husband and I are crazy for using this method but I am determined to show him that it can work. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can clear it up! This website has been a huge help, especially in explaining pool chemistry. And I love love love the pool calculator link! I've saved it to my desktop and can't believe that it's as simple as entering your levels and targets and voila!

Welcome to TFP!

It will work, and it will be easy once you get over the intial hurdles of bringing it back. Get a good test kit and stay patient.

Welcome to tfp, BeccaTyree :wave:

JohnT is right, we can not stress enough that you need a good test kit (see link in my sig). Pool store results only make your job harder. If you want, post whatever test results you have and we can take a look.