Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hello all this is year 3 with a pool and new surprises. We worked diligently keeping debris out over winter and obviously didn't do too well. It's been decently warm in GA so decided to start to get pool ready for opening up. Upon inspecting equipment I knew it was time for new filters prior to purchasing I saw that the pai pressure gage looked to be on 0. Replaced filters shop vac any debris and even purchased a bladder to push back line in skimmers in case of clog 15 minute bladder 15 minute pump for about 1.5hrs. But noticed that filter gage was still low (I was just stepping through troubleshooting). I noticed the leaf/debris catcher prior to pump wasn't as full of water and spinning like normal. I have read and watched that it could be an O-ring or the pump has debris in it. What does my fellow TFP guys think I need to do before calling a professional.20230305_125135.jpg20230305_131248.jpg

Hello all this is year 3 with a pool and new surprises. We worked diligently keeping debris out over winter and obviously didn't do too well. It's been decently warm in GA so decided to start to get pool ready for opening up. Upon inspecting equipment I knew it was time for new filters prior to purchasing I saw that the pai pressure gage looked to be on 0. Replaced filters shop vac any debris and even purchased a bladder to push back line in skimmers in case of clog 15 minute bladder 15 minute pump for about 1.5hrs. But noticed that filter gage was still low (I was just stepping through troubleshooting). I noticed the leaf/debris catcher prior to pump wasn't as full of water and spinning like normal. I have read and watched that it could be an O-ring or the pump has debris in it. What does my fellow TFP guys think I need to do before calling a professional.View attachment 475760
Is the only issue low pressure? Cleaning the filters generally lowers the pressure so that wouldn’t be out of the ordinary. Have you confirmed the gauge works?

Is the only issue low pressure? Cleaning the filters generally lowers the pressure so that wouldn’t be out of the ordinary. Have you confirmed the gauge works?
Great point but the jets aren't going as high. Our bubbler on tanning ledge use to go like old faithful (6ft) now it goes 2ft. And the debris catcher prior to pump is not topped off with water..

Any guess where there might be a blockage? If you can isolate any lines that can help pinpoint it.
Not sure I thought it was skimmer line as the furthest wasn't pulling until I did the bladder method. Does that method hold true for main drain lines as well?

Not sure I thought it was skimmer line as the furthest wasn't pulling until I did the bladder method. Does that method hold true for main drain lines as well?
I’m not familiar with that. Mine is setup with a valve on each line so I can shut one off and see how big of an impact it makes.

I’m not familiar with that. Mine is setup with a valve on each line so I can shut one off and see how big of an impact it makes.
I have a valve for each as well. Just not sure why pressure would be so low. I have tried diverting all to skimmer, all to main drain, one skimmer then the other.

Post pics of your entire equipment pad.

Fixed issue impeller likely. I tool off debris junction before pump lined the o@ring. Tool off tubing from pump to filter cleared impeller. Added water to debris chamber then opened valves and we are running again. Debris basket has a split which likely caused the issue will be replacing tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.