Auburn Hills, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I need a new pump. My pool's only 10,000 gallons. A 3HP seems like overkill, but 1.5HP Intelliflo3 VSF's seem harder to find.
I'm reaching out to a few local distributors tomorrow to find out if it's just not popular online, but... If 3HP is the only option, is that fine? Reading the manual, it seems like you can limit it down anyways (pretty cool), so I can probably avoid exceeding manufacturer recommendations for flow through my heater.

Or is it a bad idea? Introducing the potential for equipment damage if someone who doesn't know what they're doing plays with the settings?

Possibly relevant... I may want to put solar heat on my roof some day... Would I maybe WANT the 3HP to push water up there?

With a variable-speed pump, "too much power" isn't a meaningful concept. I have the 3HP Intellipro for my 8000 gallon pool. Works great.

Even without automation, you can configure it to run at different speeds for different purposes: A low speed for skimming, a higher speed for running the heater, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.