Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with waterfalls

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with waterfalls

I am thinking about adding two 24" waterfalls to my pool/deck. This is semi-urgent because the deck will (hopefully) start this week and I have to get the lines in (I plan on putting two 1.5" lines in either way)

My main question is, can I run the waterfalls off of my existing pump or do I need a booster?

16 x 42 x 24 IG Vinyl True-L, 27,000 gallons, full width steel steps, 8' Cuddle cove swimout, 2 X Colorlogic 4.0 LEDs, Hayward Tristar 1 hp 2-speed pump, Hayward SwimClear C3025 Cartridge filter, Hayward Aqua-Plus PL-PLUS Controls + Chlorination, Hayward low-Nox 400K BTU heater, Tigershark QC, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Phoenix, AZ

Re: Need help with waterfalls

That will depend on the flow requirements for the falls, and running some water calculations for your specific set-up.

Honestly, I would recommend getting a specialty pump dedicated to your waterfalls. Or if you plan on adding other water features, a VS or VF would be ideal. It might be a little bit more expensive on the front-end, but you will save money (in energy costs) in the long run.