Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: concrete around pool

1. Back To Top    #1

concrete around pool

We are using pavers up to the edge of our pool so the concrete will be below grade with the pavers over the top. How wide & deep does the concrete have to be to stabalize the pool?
    Assisted install/DIY project 2012: 15,000 gallon ,15x34x6 Fiji by Viking fiberglass pools with Azure blue diamond finish, 1 1/2 hp dual speed pump, 30" Hayward Sand filter, inline tablet Chlorinator (at least until I decide on a SWG- this is ALL new to me)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: concrete around pool

What kind of pool?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry, I should have included that ;o) It will be the Viking Fiji fiberglass pool, 15x34.
    Assisted install/DIY project 2012: 15,000 gallon ,15x34x6 Fiji by Viking fiberglass pools with Azure blue diamond finish, 1 1/2 hp dual speed pump, 30" Hayward Sand filter, inline tablet Chlorinator (at least until I decide on a SWG- this is ALL new to me)

4. Back To Top    #4

A 3' wide x 4" thick collar is mandatory for a Viking installer. Not a negotiable item.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks Scott! I knew we had to do a collar, but we are doing an assisted install (basically buying the kit & doing all the labor & contracting out electric and concrete) and the schematic is somewhat unclear about the dimentions of the collar.
    A 3' x 4" is what I figured on, just needed to know that I'm not screwing up my warranty.
    - Ellen