Suggestion for New "Feature"

IkeRay

May 20, 2007
Houston, Tx
I didn't find a good place to post this, but here is my suggestion.

on car type forums, there is a space that goes under the username that says "Car:". I was wondering how difficult it would be to put a section, sort of like location is, to say pool size and/or type (AG, IG, Granite, plaster, vinyl). a lot of people tend to either forget to mention their pool size or don't have it in their sig, this seems like it would take up minimal space and help a lot of forgetful people, like myself, out.

I understand that some things are just not possible with all the different "bulletin languages", but maybe this could be an easy addition to the board.

EDIT: i just thought of something else relevant to pools as well, filter type.

I have included a screen shot, attached.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 126
That's not an option with the default phpbb and although their may be a mod for that function, I have not seen one.

I know what you mean though and do think it's nice when that information is included. I'm not sure that mod would be a good fit here. There are too many things to mention.

And, even if we did have that option, people would still have to use it, just like they would have to use the signiture option to give that info now. I have posted before about adding that information to your signature. I'll try and find the thread and give it a bump.

Thanks,
Sean

cool, thank you for the quick reply. i knew it might not have been an option since there are so many variety of codes for forums out there.

yeah, a sticky would be better for that particular thread, but bumping works too. i know there is just going to be a sudden increase in users coming up real soon as pool season rolls around.

IkeRay said:
cool, thank you for the quick reply. i knew it might not have been an option since there are so many variety of codes for forums out there.

yeah, a sticky would be better for that particular thread, but bumping works too. i know there is just going to be a sudden increase in users coming up real soon as pool season rolls around.

:lol: I've got the sticky feature kind of converted. Normally forums use sticky's like you have suggested, sort of like announcements. However, on this site, I've got it set up so that if someone makes a particularly useful post, I change it to a stickyand then it is automatically added to "The Stickies" page (see link at top). So, unless I want to make something a permanent addition to that page, I don't set it as a sticky.

The thread that mentioned signatures is in the Pool Rules area, that I hope every member reads. However, I know that not everyone does and have gone ahead and also made that specific post a Global Announcement so that it will appear above the posts in every single forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.