Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Goldline freeze protection

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Goldline freeze protection

Can someone please tell me how to change the freeze protection temperature on my gold line. It's factory set to 39 I want to set it to 33?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Goldline freeze protection

If you have an AquaLogic system, or one of their other systems derived from that one, the freeze protection temperature is on the Configuration menu under Filter Pump Config.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

sweet, thanks i'll look tomorrow.
    Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks to Jason's help I changed the temp to 33.

Dose anyone have a opinion on that temp? is it too low or should be ok?

Thanks,

5. Back To Top    #5

Temp probes are always +/- a few degrees. I would set it to no less than 36.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dankfoot
    Thanks to Jason's help I changed the temp to 33.

Dose anyone have a opinion on that temp? is it too low or should be ok?

Thanks,
    It depends on how cold it gets, how long it stays below freezing and if there is a wind break for the equipment and also how much of a risk taker you are. We get below freezing every year but never more than about 6 hours at a time so I don't use freeze protection at all anymore. It takes much longer than that for water to freeze in a 2" pipe let alone a filter or pump. However, for those areas where there is a longer duration of freezing conditions and/or where you also experience a lot wind with freezing conditions, you may need to set the threshold higher. A good way to tell is to put a couple of inches of water in a bucket next to the equipment. That will freeze long before any of the equipement will and can give an idea what you can get away with before setting the threshold too low.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater