goldline controls

Sep 28, 2011
I have goldline controls. The generator was tested an was bad. New one installed T-CELL-5. Same unit that was inline. No reprogram required. Plug and play. Hi reading comes up then cell shuts off. ANY HELP OUT THERE!!!!!!! thanks

Welcome to TFP!

When an AquaRite cell is wearing out, it is common for the salt reading to read lower than actual. Adding extra salt brings the salt level to above normal, allows the cell to read normal, and the SWG to continue operating correctly for a while. Because of this, it is fairly common for the pool to end up with too high a salt level. The new cell reads the high salt level correctly, and refuses to run. If this is what is happening to you, your only option is to replace water to get the salt level down.

champion1, listen closely to what JasonLion is saying. I've had this happen. When I first got my pool, they didn't explain much to me and I added salt based on a bad cell reading. New cell wouldn't work because I had the salt level way too high. Had the water tested at Leslie's, and even though their meter was wrong, I drained some water and filled it back up with fresh and the problem went away.

Get it tested or get a test kit for salt and see for yourself though. It's best to know what is going on in there.

Champion 1-what ended up being the problem/solution--I am having the same problem. HI Salt reading-regardless of the amount of salt in the pool. Display and two seperate testing options show 2300--but shuts off with High Salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.