New Pool project - Round Rock, TX

Yeah, trees.... sigh.... I've got 4 maples near my pool and she never wanted any of them cut down. Shade is nice, but you're out there several times a week cleaning out the pool the entire season and thermal covers don't help much. Alot gets through the cracks. Will just have to cut some of them when she's on vacation - one at a time and maybe she won't notice - LOL!

Thanks for the nice comments. We know the tree is going to provide some extra work (I don't think we really know what we are in for, I might be sneaking out there with a chainsaw yet :shock: ), but without that tree the back yard would be brutal, it faces west.

Plaster starts today, we should have water going in by this afternoon! :whoot:

Lershac,

On the pump, exactly what I am worried about. Some information I received here and from the PB seems to indicate it is at least somewhat common not to bolt it down.

Thanks, we really like how the deck turned out. When I get home tonight I should have enough daylight to take and post some new pics. The last several nights I have been busy trying to start putting the yard back together. The color of the deck really came out after they acid washed it. The pool will be full too.

I have put both 2" and 3/4" PVC to the trees under the deck to accomodate both lighting later and irrigation. Layed the PVC down before they started the deck. Also layed down a 4" drain pipe as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We're done! :whoot:

Just about three weeks from start to finish. Now the landscaping can start, when the water restrictions are lifted. :( We got lucky. The pool completed filling on Fri just as the city upped the water restrictions to stage III, preventing any outdoor use of water. It seems a pump intake failed at one of the lakes that feeds us water. It is supposed to be 2 weeks minimum until it can be fixed. Meanwhile, we hope to keep enough water in the pool to keep the pump running.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Thanks for all the comments and advice. This is a great forum, we learned a great deal from reading all the posts and hope to keep learning. I'll be moving over to the new owner forum after we go through pool shool with the PB this Fri and take over the pool. (The TF100 is on the way!). Preliminary tests with the minimal kit the PB provided has CH >5, ph 7.2 and TA of about 40, about where they want it right now. We keep brushing.

what a great pool and project!!! you and the family should be very proud!!! love the way the stone/decking turned out!

has anyone mentioned that the tree may be a PITA??? :-D

just kidding. it will provide shade and if becomes that big of a deal then maybe you can cut it down and make a planter out of that area and plant something along the fence line.

Looks great though. Congratulations!

Thank you. There is definately shubs in the cards for the whole back part of the pool/deck. We just had the sprinkler guy out and asked him to plan for drip irrigation all along the back side of the pool. Basically all the elevated portions for privacy and to deter anyone going off the deck the wrong way.

I'm just down the interstate from you...La Grange.

Love your backyard oasis. Have you had any issues with the salt affecting your flagstone? We are looking to put Oklahoma flagstone as our coping but have read in various threads of the damage the salt has cause and we are leery. I don't want to have to replace in 3 years. However, I think it looks so nice aesthetically.

Lershac said:
I hear and read a lot about salt damage danger, but don't read or see pictures from pool owners with salt damage. Anyone else?

Look at the bottom of my coping. It just peels away. When I first moved in it was a salt water pool and I have since converted to using just bleach. I can tell you that most of my flag stone is worn bad on the bottom. However there are some pieces that don't match in color that look brand new. Since I switched I don't see so much peeling of the flagstone. Also I have lots of rust on my lintels, iron fence and downspouts screws only around the pool.

Attachments

• IMG_4320 [1280x768].JPG
    IMG_4320 [1280x768].JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 184

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.