New Pool - Salt keeps running low

newbiepool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Richmond VA
Hello,

We have a new pool about 16K gallons. Initially we started with 10 @40 LBs. Since we had so much water issues with silt, alot of the water has been "wasted" out. That was last Tuesday the 16th. The SWG complained that it had low salt so I added 6 bags since. Yesterday the SWG said there was about 2800 ppm. This morning it says there is 2300 ppm. Is that normal?

Last night I got in my TF100 test kit and measured the salt and it was at 2440. My pump runs 24 hours. When no one is using I have it running at 1000 rpm. My FC is 4.5 and CC 0.5. (Last night) I have changed the Chlorine creation percentage down to 20%. Perhaps that is still too high?

No do not have autofill... I have been doing the bucket test and it appears no leaks.... I am a little paranoid given we have had the pool for a whole week now. What it turned out to be was that the salt had not fully circulated.... thought it would have done so after 24 hours. When I came home from work on Saturday it was back up to 2700. I put one more bag in and now after 2 days... it is at 3300. Got the water tested at another facility and the SI was at .07, guy said that was really good. My CYA is still a bit low, but then I noticed I still had some in the skimmer that had still not dissolved after 4 days. I'll wait another week to check it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.