Naples, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Salt & Swim 3C
I recently had my autofill repaired and it seems my 360 spillover spa is no longer spilling over. I’m not sure what happened? I have attached a photos of my valves. I am a single woman with a fairly new pool and can’t keep calling my pool guy who I don’t think knows what he’s doing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 16
NBN,

360 degree spillovers take a huge amount of water.. And you have the typical "Dinky" Florida filter, so my first thought is that your filter is dirty.

Clean it and see what happens.

I assume that it did work and that you did not do something that caused it to stop working.

As a test you can shut off the valve marked "Pool Return" and see if things improve. You should not have to normally do this, but currently the return water is going to your pool and your spa. Shutting off the pool return, will send more water to the spa. This will not fix the problem, but if it works, it kind of points to weak flow, which would normally be a dirty filter.

Is your water clear, cloudy, or green???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim R., you are the BEST!!! That worked…you made my day. Should I tell my pool guy to clean the filter when he comes tomorrow? (I think I need a new pool guy!) 😏

Attachments

• IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    716.1 KB · Views: 6
NBN,

I see you have a VS pump, so you could also increase your pump speed, if it is running very slow.

I suggest that you watch the pool guy clean the filter and then you can do it yourself, as I doubt he will clean it for free. :mrgreen:

We do things very differently than most pool web sites.. You should take a good read through our Pool School and see what we are all about.

Our goal is to teach most pool owners how to care for their own pools, and not have to routinely rely on a "pool guy"..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: StuartBound
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.