Mesa Arizona pool build (documenting our progress)

Circle-D said:
Looking great, love the pics and updates....

Thanks!

So, tomorrow brings clean up the yard day and fill in dirt around the pool. Also, installing new automatic door closer on back slider. Then, we'll get scheduled for final inspection with the city and move on to the plaster and finishing details after approval. Then, after a long wait, add water and swim!

This project is moving right along, and looks very nice. Your autofill line should be below the water level and will have a niche in the decking to house the autofill float and valve. If that spigot is coming out of the decking then it is your aeration port and your autofill is somewhere else

carlscan26 said:
gfxguru said:
carlscan26 said:
Is that your fill line? Did you get an autofill?

If that is the same thing as an auto leveler, yes.

Yep same thing. So they just have a manual spigot on there for now it looks like[/quo

Alright, a few more pics today. Cleanup crew was here at 6am, spent a couple hours. Had Klozit automatic slider closer installed on the back door this morning. Next up is inspection with the City of Mesa. Just have to wait for a call to schedule. :( <-- dislike waiting!

Yard cleanup around pool
Poolconstructioncleanup49.jpg

Interior of pool cleaned out
Poolconstructioncleanup50.jpg

The spigot that was in question now removed, ready to be threaded with an aerotor
Poolconstructioncleanup51.jpg

First look at our LED light! Thing is HUGE!
Poolconstructioncleanup52.jpg

Old busted up brick wall removed, side of house cleaned up
Poolconstructioncleanup53.jpg

All-in-all to this point, I have nothing at all negative or bad to say about our pool build with Shasta. Things have moved along super fast, there has been something going on with construction nearly every day and someone is always making contact with me to let me know the status of things and what to expect next.

Hopefully, I'll have more pics sooner than later of the plaster going in!

Looks great, and nice clean up job. Glad to hear that your experience has been a positive one. I am prob a week away from starting the build on my pool and have our fingers crossed that things go well and without any major hick ups.

Shane1 said:
This project is moving right along, and looks very nice. Your autofill line should be below the water level and will have a niche in the decking to house the autofill float and valve. If that spigot is coming out of the decking then it is your aeration port and your autofill is somewhere else

Sorry, I missed the first part of your post. Yes, the spigot port is for the aerator.

PA750.jpg

Looking at this photo, the autofill is located just to the right of the LED light.

PoolconstructionPRE25.jpg

gfxguru said:
carlscan26 said:
Shane1 said:
If that spigot is coming out of the decking then it is your aeration port

What's the aeration port for?

My understanding is it can be used to help cool the pool water temp as well as raise PH without raising TA from what I have read on this forum. Others are free to chime in if I am off here.
gfx is right that is what aeration is for. I was unfamiliar an igp integrated port. I would think that is a good idea. The fitting, does it stay in there permanently, or do you take it off when you are not using it? I assume there will be a dedicated valve for that line?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a couple more today. They came out and cut the pipes and capped them as well as installed the in ground cleaner heads and dropped in the umbrella sleeve on the baja shelf. Should be getting a phone call soon to get the status update of the next steps.

Pipes capped, cleaner heads installed
Poolconstructioncleaners54.jpg

Drain uncovered
Poolconstructiondrain55.jpg

Latest update. Would have had the city inspection tomorrow but someone has to be home all day and unfortunately both of us will be out for about an hour in the morning, which would probably be the time they decide to surprise us and show up.

So, the city inspection will be on Tuesday anytime between 6am and 1pm. Also, on Tuesday, the mosaic tiles will be going in and once we provide our final payment, the plaster goes in. We should be looking at a completed date of a week from today. Then, I assume about a day in time of filling it with water from the hose. Shouldn't be too long as it is only 10k gal.

Then the next big project will be landscaping if we can come up with any funds for it! :) Might have to live with some plain rock for a while. So, at this point, a happy and safe Labor Day weekend, I'll be posting more photos again next week!

***EDIT/UPDATE!*** - Pool inspection approved! :-D Now, just waiting for word on when the plaster and remaining details start!

----------------

Well, the inspector is due out any minute now. Had the tile guy back this morning. Finished the tile on the table column. Also, cemented in our three mosaics, 1 hibiscus flower (the wife's pick) and 2 geckos for me!

A few photos

Table column tiles, hibiscus mosaic on top step and 2 blue geckos on baja shelf
Poolconstructionmosaics56.jpg

Close up of hibiscus mosaic on top step
Poolconstructionmosaics57.jpg

Close up of one of the gecko mosaics on the baja shelf
Poolconstructionmosaics58.jpg

Fingers crossed, inspection goes well and plaster starts tomorrow or Thursday!

Two more pics. Table top installed. Tomorrow brings plastering of the pool and filling with water begins immediately after. Was told it should take about 24 hours to fill. So, there will be water by Saturday morning/afternoon. Early next week brings the equipment start up of which the system needs to run 24 hours a day for 7 days! Ouch! That electric bill should be wonderful, especially considering we're still near 100 degrees here for about another month!

At the time of equipment start up will be our pool orientation about care and functions of the timers, valves, etc.

So, how soon after the pool is full do you think we need to wait before we should go in? Do you believe it would hurt anything if it was immediate? With having to brush the pool 4 times a day the first 4 days and then 3 times a day for another 10, I would love to jump right in but don't want to risk damaging anything, chemical balance, staining plaster, etc.

It's like having a nice big gift under the tree and you just want to tear into it, you can't wait any longer! After 5 weeks of construction and summer starting to cool off, I am so ready for a nice dip!

Table
Poolconstructiontable59.jpg

Table (with our JRT chill in' in the background eager to take a dip too!)
Poolconstructiontable58.jpg

YAY! Almost there! Plaster is done and water is going in. Less than 24 hours to fill and we'll consider ourselves to have a completed pool!

Pool plastered
Poolconstructionplaster60.jpg

Pool plastered
Poolconstructionplaster61.jpg

Pool filling with water
Poolconstructionplaster62.jpg

Plaster finish with mosaics
Poolconstructionplaster63.jpg

All that is left is to seek out landscaping services.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.