Best test kit?

Jul 15, 2011
I need to get a test kit for my salt water pool. I'm looking for a product that takes the guess work out of readings. I'm a bit color blind so accurately reading test strips is not practical. Cost is not a concern, I just want to buy something that is easy to use and fool proof. Is there anything with a probe that can be installed around/in the pool equipment that can give constant digital readings?

Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

While waiting for any replies I continue to do some research and came across this kit. It's a LaMotte 2056 ColorQ Pro 7 Digital Pool Water Test Kit. It tests Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Bromine, PH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, and Cyanuric Acid. Are there any other tests that I will need to run that the kit does not cover? Not that it necessarily means much, but it got five out five stars from all who reviewed the kit on Amazon.com.

Anyone have any experience with it or have a better suggestion? Thanks!

I use the TF100, sold by a beloved forum member here http://Www.tftestkits.net, hope I got that right. I have no experience with the electronic tester you mention but when I was into planted discus fish tanks, I heard that the pH meters some were using required recalibration too often to be dependable.

anonapersona said:
I use the TF100, sold by a beloved forum member here http://Www.tftestkits.net, hope I got that right. I have no experience with the electronic tester you mention but when I was into planted discus fish tanks, I heard that the pH meters some were using required recalibration too often to be dependable.

Thanks for the info, but I really need to find a kit that does not require me to read subtle color shade differences. From what I'm reading it seems that there is no 100% accurate digital test reader/kit. Consequently, I'm trying to find the best available one and go with it because they cannot be any worse than me trying to accurately read color test strips.

Hi callaway.

I understand your concern in regards to color comparison tests however besides the ph test the others require you to only notice a change in color, it doesn't matter which color you see. In the tests the color changes are quite dramatic.

I think you would be surprised, and this doesn't even touch upon the fact that you cant get a more accurate test kit anywhere.

Good luck

Sent from my Motorola_i1 using Tapatalk

As said above, the only comparison test is the pH and you can get a pH tester if you want to help with that. I'm colorblind and don't have a single problem with the TF-100 tests. I even bought a pH meter and never use it anymore. The pH test is good enough that I can easily distinguish the levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.