Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clarifiers

1. Back To Top    #1

Clarifiers

Hello - I am new to pool ownership this year. I am wondering if it is recommended to use some sort of clarifier with the BBB method.
    20'x40' Oval 27,000 gallon Vinyl IG, Coverstar Auto Cover
    Hayward MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Sta-Rite PLD50 30 sq. ft. DE filter
    Rheem 266,000 btu natural gas heater
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus with Clever Clean
    TF-100 testkit w/ Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clarifiers

It's not normally recommended or needed. In very specific cases where a pool isn't clearing after a long time and there's nothing else going on it can help. One reason we dont' recommend it is that it has proven to be hit or miss whether it works or not.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you think you need a clarifier? Does your pool have a specific problem you are concerned with?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't have any specific problems. I have been using Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect and have had very clear and soft feeling water. Just wondering if I should continue using it or if its a waste of money. For the 3 month pool season here in MN, the cost of this product for me is about $50 per year.
    20'x40' Oval 27,000 gallon Vinyl IG, Coverstar Auto Cover
    Hayward MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Sta-Rite PLD50 30 sq. ft. DE filter
    Rheem 266,000 btu natural gas heater
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus with Clever Clean
    TF-100 testkit w/ Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool Perfect is an enzyme product, which is great if you have lots and lots of suntan lotion, or similar oils, getting in the pools so that oils tend to accumulate, but normally is not needed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by faby3003
    I have been using Natural Chemistry Pool Perfect
    I like to use it to clean the tile line and inside skimmers. I also use it when vacuuming during windy conditions, because it creates a temporary layer on the water that blocks the wind and it makes it easier to see.