FC 5.5
    CC .5
    TC 6.0
    Ph 7.5
    TA 130
    CH 260
    CYA 40
    Salt 3500

Pool calculator says not to add anything but I know I should add CYA but I don't know how much. Should I add anything else?
    Mandy
    20,000 gallon fiberglass inground pool * Hayward sand filter and pump * Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG * Jandy Aqualink Control System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with numbers

Use a target of 70 for CYA and the calculator will tell you how much to add.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks. I put in 70 for my cya goal with all my other numbers and it still says not to add anything.
    Mandy
    20,000 gallon fiberglass inground pool * Hayward sand filter and pump * Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG * Jandy Aqualink Control System

4. Back To Top    #4

if you list CYA as 40 as your current reading and 70 as your target, it should give you an amount to add based on the pool water volume you input at the top of the page
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

I plugged your numbers into the pool calculator and it says you should add 80 ounces by weight or 83 ounces by volume of CYA to reach 70.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Maybe I'm not plugging my numbers into the correct box. I put my numbers in the first box on the left and then hit calculate. Should I do something differently?

Thanks.
    Mandy

7. Back To Top    #7

Do you have your pool size of 20000 gallons in the top of the calculator?

Then, CYA, enter 40 in the NOW column and 70 in the TARGET column. Then hit calculate.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

You put the numbers you currently have in the first box and the numbers you want in the second box. So, your CYA first box woudl be 40 and second box would be 70.

Also, in the bottom box of the first group, if you will list your chlorine source as a SWG and the type of pool you have, it will give suggested levels above most of the box. With TroubleFreePool.com settings, SWG + Fiberglass = CYA of 70-80. You do have to now manually put 70 in the right hand box though - it does not change that automatically for you.
    ~~ Allison ~~
    Intex 18' x 48" Easy Set Pool, approximately 5455 gallons
    Krystal Clear 1500 GPH Filter Pump Model 56635EG - 635 with Auto Timer
    BBB FOR BEGINNERS ~ THIS IS A MUST READ FOR ANYONE OVERWHELMED!!