33' round or 18'x34' oval?

We had to decide on the larger round vs the 18x33 oval when we built ours and I'm glad I went with the oval. You WILL be replacing things, sometimes more often than you planned to, and that bigger sized round just starts costing more and is much harder to find good deals on. My relatives went with the larger round and love their pool but I know they cuss like sailors when someone has to do the on/off routine all by themselves, which ends up being a lot more than you want also (we all end up with that burden.) Everyone wants to play, but it's the pool fanatic that ends up doing all the work and upkeep. Our 18x33 is very large and fits nicely into the yard area, the deck was easy to design/build off one end as well without sucking up huge amounts of yard. JMHO - BTW - shop around, pretty sure you can find a very good quality pool that size at much less than $11,000

i'm sure i can find cheaper than 11K, but i most likely will be putting one side in the ground about 2-3 feet and the only one i can fine rated for that is radiant, and i do like the insulated walls of 2inch foam. if i'm gonna take the plunge for a pool i want to have the water warm without going broke from a heater so i figure the walls may be worth it plus its rated for in the ground instal. i know people bury the doughboys unground as well but i've had other says better to go with radiant on that., thanks for the advice on the size i'm starting to agree with you for sure on easier to maintain in lots of areas the oval than the giant round.

leaning toward 18x34 oval with either a 6 or 7 foot deep end. we could put it up on our flat level by screened in deck. i would sink it down 3-3.5 feet so no water run off near by would be an issue and i could put a deck around with railing so fence requirements met. should be easy to do solar cover and winter cover as well. i have to check with town to see if it will still be counted as in ground thats where i'll get irritated if my taxes go up even more than the outrageous amount they already are!

the 33 round be too big on upper level so other option maybe the 30 round, the lower level could be the oval or the 30 round, i think the 33 round has so much water be hard to keep temp up i think so i'm leaning away from that some now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.