salt water

My pool is 18'x33'x42". If memory serves, I bought 8 of the blue bags of water softener salt (40lb I think). I put in 6, ran the pump over night and it tested within spec. That was last year, I added the left over bags this year to get it back within spec.

what test kit would be good for salt water 16x32 4 ft pool supplys has a 8 way test kit for like $20. bucks would this be good
test kit to test chlorine,bromine,ph,total alkalinty,acid demand,calcium hardness,and stabilize conditioner. is this the coeect kit that i need or do i need the salt water test strips also. thanks

We recommend getting a fancier kit if you can afford it. More reliable results mean savings on chemicals and fewer problems in the long run. The TFTestKits.net TF100 is the most recommended kit on the forum. The Taylor K-2006 is also good.

The best of the inexpensive kits seems to be the WalMart six way drop based kit.

Yes, you will also want to be able to test the salt level.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.