Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Glad on Cove and Gorilla Pad Help ASAP!!!! Sharkline Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Glad on Cove and Gorilla Pad Help ASAP!!!! Sharkline Pool

Hi all, just getting ready to put my AGP walls up tomorrow (I'm BEAT) and at the last minute I decided to get some cove (to give my old bones a break) and the gorilla pad to help against the rocks.
    So:
    - regarding the cove, I have a Sharkline Matrix and on the inside at the upright the boot extends further inside than the track, this forces out the coving and it dosn't really fit nicely, should I just trim/cut the back of the coving a bit so it fits better??
    - also on the coving, each piece is the same length as the distances between uprights, so should I place the cove ends between the uprights and not right at the uprights? Putting the edges at the uprights seems like it will make an inferior join, especially in light of the above point

- regarding the gorilla pad, the pool is 20' and the pad is 21', should I cut the pad a bit? How far up the sides of the cove can the padding go?

Thanks for this site, I've learned so much. When the pool is up (hopefully tomorrow) I'm gonna pay my dues and join up, this site has so much info.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Glad on Cove and Gorilla Pad Help ASAP!!!! Sharkline Poo

1. You should trim the cove so it fits well.
    2. It doesn't matter where the joints are but wherever they work out best for your installation.
    3. Trim the pad to fit the pool. I'm afraid that it'll leave wrinkles if you try to turn it up the wall.

Have a shop vac ready when you go to set the liner. Here's a topic that discusses how I used one to set my sisters liner.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Makes sense, thanks.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you still satisfied with the Sharkline Matrix pool?

How did the foam cove work out?

Thanks,
    Jeff

5. Back To Top    #5

Not looking to hijack Cramar's thread, but I just had 24x54 Matrix installed 2 wks ago. Had installers do crete/vermiculite base, used cove moldings at base, and foam sidewalls. Everything seems fine so far. Wall foam seems like it has a decent cushiony feel to it. Can't tell about the feel of the base, or cove, since just too cold to have gone in the pool. But just from looking thru the water torwards the base, the cove looks like it has worked real nice. I see no real liner issues in the cove area.
    I'm quite optimistic about the pool. Hope you will be too. Good luck
    BTW installers used shop vac to suck out air through skimmer to avoid bubbles when setting liner. They duct taped the hose right to the skimmer to make the seal. I'll try a pic here--maybe you can make it out.
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward 1 hp Powermax single speed pump
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

here's a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward 1 hp Powermax single speed pump
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Last summer I swam around the base many times assessing the pool cove to ensure no problems developed, I didn't notice any problems. This winter has passed and I'll be opening in a couple weeks so it handled the winter.
    One of the first things I wanted to do this summer was swim around the base a few more times, and feel around with my feet, to see if any problems.