some questions on installing 24' round...

mcgeggy

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Hi all! Attempting first DIY AG 24'X52" pool install. It is going in the same exact spot as the 24'X48" pool we just tore down. I thought this would make the process easier but I am still having a hard time laying down the bottom tracks and joints. I've already placed the 16 patio blocks at ground level but now I have to go back and reposition about half of them... Or do I? How important is it that the lower base/joint be positioned exactly on the patio block? It seems that even if they are off, they are still serving their purpose of keeping the wall level all the way around. Is there extra weight pressing down at each upright, or am I just not thinking about this with the right logic?

Also, on the old pool the uprights and lower tracks seemed to be buried further down (maybe 6"?) below the base of the pool floor. On the new pool I am only setting the patio blocks 2' down so they are level with the sand base bottom/ floor. I will be using a liner pad and foam cove.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Yes you want the patio blocks more or less centered under the uprights. There is quite a bit of weight on the uprights. You don't want anything that might cause the uprights to lean, which a significantly off center patio block will do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.