Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: intex vs hayward

1. Back To Top    #1

intex vs hayward

i currently have the intex 2100 sand filter but a friend has given me a hayward 1 hp sand filter.
    it's the pro flow lx series. would i be better off keeping the intex system on or changing out
    easy set 18x48 intex 2100 sand filter or hayward sand filter w/1 hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex vs hayward

The intex 2100 is a .95 hp pump with a 100 lb sand filter which has a flow rate of 2100 gallons per hour or 35 gallons per minute.

The Hayward 1 hp power flow LX series is a pump. What is the size or model number of the filter?
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

3. Back To Top    #3

the filter is s166t15425
    the multiport is sp714T1
    easy set 18x48 intex 2100 sand filter or hayward sand filter w/1 hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks like they are comparable in size and flow rate.
    Hayward s166t is a 1.4 sq ft filter. It will also hold 100 lbs of sand. The flow rate is 35 gallons per minute.

Both filters should yield comparable filtration.

I perceive the Hayward pump and filter to be of better construction than the Intex, but have no data to support that perception other than the higher price.

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.