3/4" Threaded Return Options

Oogbee

May 23, 2020
Arizona
I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere and I couldn't find it. My pool has multiple 3/4" threaded returns and cannot seem to find any good options to add eyeball or other fittings to help direct circulation. The pool does have two standard sized 1.5" returns so I have idea why the smaller returns were installed too. The pool was built about 1987 if that helps at all.
Thanks in advance!

I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere and I couldn't find it. My pool has multiple 3/4" threaded returns and cannot seem to find any good options to add eyeball or other fittings to help direct circulation. The pool does have two standard sized 1.5" returns so I have idea why the smaller returns were installed too. The pool was built about 1987 if that helps at all.
Thanks in advance!
Do you have space a 3/4” thread to slip adapter? Or would this cause the eyeball not to be flush?

In case anyone else finds this thread and has a similar issue, I mocked up a 3/4" NPT threaded "nozzle" (really just a plug with an angled hole in it) in Fusion 360 and then 3D printed it. It actually seems to have worked as well as I expected. The printed parts threaded into the returns successfully and actually directed the water flow where I pointed it. For anyone familiar with 3D printing, I printed the parts in PLA for quick prototyping and if I start to see them breaking down or degrading, I will look into printing them in PETG. I could also definitely work on improving the design, but the pool was able to skim everything floating in it overnight so I'm not feeling an overwhelming urge to keep tinkering. :)

Reactions: Nonyabiz
In case anyone else finds this thread and has a similar issue, I mocked up a 3/4" NPT threaded "nozzle" (really just a plug with an angled hole in it) in Fusion 360 and then 3D printed it. It actually seems to have worked as well as I expected. The printed parts threaded into the returns successfully and actually directed the water flow where I pointed it. For anyone familiar with 3D printing, I printed the parts in PLA for quick prototyping and if I start to see them breaking down or degrading, I will look into printing them in PETG. I could also definitely work on improving the design, but the pool was able to skim everything floating in it overnight so I'm not feeling an overwhelming urge to keep tinkering. :)
Got a picture of it!?